Shepherds Hill Homestead » Plain Lifestyle » Recent Newspaper Article

Recent Newspaper Article

The first link is the picture slideshow that the photographer Steve Gross took and the second one is the article itself.

This is picture which accompanied the news article.

Angelia

"It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him." Lamentations 3:22-24

Filed under: Plain Lifestyle

13 Responses to "Recent Newspaper Article"

1. patty says:

Love the article, love you guys too>

Love you My Patty Byrd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. patty says:

Ok I have a question for you I am dealing with pain in my body lots lately joints mainly. ( I think )I know a few natural remedies but i dont know any for swelling of joints do u have any ideas?

Have you tried the Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar tonic? It really works wonders! 1 cup apple cider vinegar, 1 cup raw honey, 8 cloves garlic minced. Mix together in a blender then put in a jar in the fridge. Leave for 5 days then mix 2 tsps to 1 tblsp in a glass of juice and drink each morning. Really rough the first time or two but then you begin to crave it!

3. Martina says:

My Husband loved the Pictures with the Pitchfork, its refreshing for him to see that not all conservative Christians are looking like the have no fun in live and never smile. You are a great testimony of what Christians should be all about, honoring God and at the same time enjoy what HE gave you.

I am so glad you liked the pictures! We do have a lot of fun and that is all due to the Hand of the Lord! Truly serving God is a life filled with happiness, joy and contentment. One of the greatest blessings of being separate from the world’s idea of fun is that we don’t have to worry about the repercussions later – no regrets, no hangovers, no sorrow. Sweet peace brings sweet joy!

4. patty says:

OK ill try the tonic Braggs is pretty good stuff ill let you know!

Good – I think it will help!

5. Sarah says:

Great artcile guys!
    God Bless!
    Sarah

6. Inez says:

I enjoyed those photos…how neat…thanks for sharing.

Hey Girlie!!! Love you!!!! I was just about to email you back –
      Big hugs to you and the girls!!

7. Thelma C. says:

We read your newspaper article and saw the slides. Wonderful article
    and slides. We enjoyed them greatly!! They should have commented on
    your wonderful solar oven. We plan to start one around March. Can’t
    wait! Do you plan to put online a food chart for the solar oven?
    It would be helpful to know how long it takes to bake or cook.
    Blessings to you all. We love you!
    Thelma C.

Hi Thelma – On the food chart – I really don’t know about times and such. It just depends on the amount of sun, the diligence to keep the oven turned correctly, the thickness of whatever you are cooking, etc. I generally put something in the oven in the morning and check it a couple of times during the day when I turn the oven and take it out when it is finished. It is so variable that I could not give you time amounts.